Thursday, October 21, 2010

I should have been born in the 1800s.

And in England, for that matter. I'm an old soul, I admit it. I love Pride and Prejudice-I would talk in the accent if I could, but I can't (just as Jim)-so I settle for at least using words and phrases like "nonsensical" and "lack of propriety".

This post stems from the fact that today, my day off (praise the LORD!!) I was extremely excited to make-and can-apple butter. Yep, sometimes I act like an 80 year old woman, and I'm happy to say it. I'm also excited to clean and organize my house, possibly read some Anne of Avonlea (right up there with Pride and Prejudice) and enjoy this gorgeous fall day.

I'll try to post pictures of my apple butter making attempt after it's all done and I know it tastes good! :)

P.S.-I would advocate for reading the book first, but if you're going to watch the movie, go with the 5 1/2 hour A & E version of Pride and Prejudice. Anything else is just nonsensical.

3 comments:

  1. I truly hope you wore an old lady apron while making your apple butter because that is the mental picture I have in my head! ha! And now you have made me want to watch Pride and Prejudice for the 974th time in my life! Perhaps that is what I will do since these little men don't want to let me sleep! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alisha! This is Chrissy from SCS- I was clicking through my sister's blog links and found yours. Apple butter sounds really good and I LOVE the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, it is definitely the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone, Chrissy! :)

    ReplyDelete